Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 10 - Something You're Afraid Of

So, I fell off the wagon. Between being busy and being sick, I just haven't had the time or inclination to do much more than take cold medications and sleep. I'm just going to pick up where I left off, and as I will be on a cruise next week, I will probably stop again for a week and pick up again.

So... something I am afraid of.

I'm not going to lie, there are a lot of things I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of losing the people I love, heights, being alone, the dark (kind of), paranormal activity, going to Hell when I die, aliens...

However, the one thing I fear the most, and somewhat irrationally is that our house will catch on fire. I worry about this constantly. I worry about our poor puppies not being able to get out if we aren't home, or us not being able to get out. I worry about smoke alarms, leaving candles burning, leaving my hair straightener on.

When I was younger, my parents house burned almost completely. I still remember walking in the charred rubble and the smell. I remember how my once white play room decorated in Rainbow Brite was black and smoked and not white at all anymore. Just thinking about it too much gets me stressed and worried. I really wanted to put an alarm system in our home so that the fire department would be automatically alerted if the smoke alarm goes off, but we really don't want to invest that much money into this house that we will only be in for a few years.

So I make sure everything is off, that there are stickers alerting any firemen where our pets like to hide and begging them to "Please Save Our Pets." Would I care about this if we didn't have living creatures in the house? Probably not as much, but I hate the thought of any living creature (even a rat or a roach) to have to die in a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment