Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Week

Corbin is one week old today (well, since it's 1:30 a.m., I suppose he's 1 week & 1 day).
I can't believe a week has already passed and my baby has already changed so much! He's now a wiggle worm and even attempts to lift his head to gaze around. My little heifer sometimes eats up to 3 oz per feeding already.
He already looks different, too. Not anything major, just less like a wrinkley newborn.

Time needs to slow down!

As for me, I am doing surprisingly well. Besides being a little piggy, Corbin loves his sleep (knock on wood!), and I've been able to get about 6 hours at night (broken up, of course). While I am tired, and it may just be the new mom hormones at work, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be.
Adam is a huge help. I haven't had to clean (though I did do a load of dishes in the dishwasher lol) anything. Not a single bottle, not anything around the house. He's also been doing all the cooking and general housekeeping.
He's still a bit nervous about handling Corbin. Adam feels like he's a little wiggly bobble head that might break on him. Diapers intimdate him, as does feeding. I really hope he comes around soon. Even if it's just feeding and cuddling, Corbin needs daddy time!!

I was able to get out of the house today. We went to Target to buy my little cousin a wedding shower gift and just walk around. Luckily Corbin seems to like riding in a car (for now), and slept pretty much the entire time. So far, I am very happy. I was worried about PPD or the baby blues and while I know there is still time for it to hit me, I've never been happier than when I'm cuddling my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment